How to clean a dirty CNC machine with a machine cleaner & degreaser
WHY YOU SHOULD PERIODICALLY CLEAN YOUR CNC MACHINE
Let’s face it – cleaning your CNC machine may be at the bottom of your priority list. Shutting your machine down and spending time, money, and labor may not seem worth it. However, this often overlooked task can make a huge impact to your machine’s reliability, working life, performance, operator satisfaction and your overall bottom line.
Using a machine cleaner to flush out your system periodically is a preventative maintenance practice that can extend the life of your machine, reduce downtime, reduce cleanouts, and improve the life and performance of your coolant.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Ashburn Machine Cleaner Plus
- Spray bottle
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Remove all heavy chips, sludge and residue from the machine.
- Pre-mix your machine cleaner/degreaser at a 40:1 ratio with water. Add enough of this mixture to the machine to allow circulation. Circulate this mixture for at least 20 minutes.
- After the cleaning mixture has circulated for 20 minutes, add 2% of coolant concentrate and circulate this combined mixture for 15 more minutes.
- Use a spray bottle to apply a 15:1 mixture (water to concentrate) to clean the inside of the machine. Wipe down surfaces and rinse thoroughly.
- After circulating, drain the sump and wipe thoroughly with an absorbent cloth.
- In order to ensure cleanliness, rinse the machine again at a 60:1 mixture for 10 minutes.
- Pre-mix the desired coolant separately to specified dilution and recharge the machine.
ASHBURN MACHINE CLEANER PLUS
For best results, use Ashburn Machine Cleaner Plus. Machine Cleaner Plus is a specially formulated water-soluble cleaner specifically designed for machine tool sump cleaning. This product will cut oil and sludge and remove bacteria and fungus found in the machine sump and coolant lines. Ashburn Machine Cleaner Plus will make the tough job of cleaning a machine tool easier and also prepare a machine to allow the coolant to perform with maximum effectiveness.
ASHBURN’S MACHINE CLEANING SERVICES
If you want a more thoroughly machine cleaning or restoration, consider Ashburn’s machine cleaning services. Ashburn offers three levels of expert machine cleaning and coolant recycling services.
Please tell us how to best get ahold of you and your area of interest. We'll have someone reach out very soon. Thank you.
Ashburn Chemical Technologies wants to make sure you get the information you need and your questions answered. Please fill out the contact form, email us, or give us a call on the number below.
7403 Wright Road, Houston, Texas USA 77041
+1 (832) 399-1000
+1 (832) 399-1010
Customer COVID-19 Communication
Ashburn Chemical Technologies is open for business and continues to provide our FLUID360 Solutions to Protect Your Production. Based on the DHS standards, Ashburn is considered an essential and critical business because we support the continued safe operations and critical supply chains of various essential industries. Please click here for more information.